In the government’s own words, the kingdom’s gigaprojects are the ‘crown jewels’ of Vision 2030 and are therefore intrinsically linked to Saudi Arabia’s future
> THE PROJECTS: The gigaproject programme is geographically diversified and focused on different market segments, although leisure and tourism development is a core focus.
> PROGRESS: In terms of value, Neom has the highest value of work. The Red Sea Project is the most advanced. The majority of work awarded to date is focused on basic infrastructure. International contractors are well represented.
> TOP FUTURE CONTRACTS: There are thousands of contracts to be tendered over the next five years
Topics covered in the presentation:
1. Summary of Saudi Arabia’s gigaprojects programme
2. Description of each gigaproject, including major programme elements
3. Analysis of contracts and spending to date
4. Highlights of key contracts to be tendered and awarded over the next six months
5. Long-term capital expenditure outlays and forecasts
6. Analysis of top contracts by work already awarded on gigaprojects
7. Breakdown of spending on gigaprojects by sector
8. Key drivers and challenges going forward
9. Q&A session
Hosted by: Ed James, head of content and research at MEED